the XXII International Scientific Symposium of Students and Young Scientists named after Academician Mikhail Usov “Issues of Geology and Development of Subsurface Resources” will be held on November 2-7, 2018 on the base of Tomsk Polytechnic University. The event is dedicated to the 155th anniversary of the birth of Academician Vladimir Obruchev, the 135th anniversary of the birth of Academician Mikhail Usov, the founder of the Siberian Mining and Geological School, and the 110th anniversary of the first graduation of mining engineers in Siberia.
Within the framework of the event, the following issues will be discussed:
- paleontology, stratigraphy and regional geology, geoinformation systems in the Earth sciences;
- mineralogy, geochemistry and petrography;
- deposits of minerals, modern technologies and methods of prospecting and exploration of mineral deposits, geoinformation systems in geology;
- geology of oil and gas, modern methods of prospecting and exploration of hydrocarbon raw materials, geoinformation systems in the geology of oil and gas;
- geophysical methods of the Earth exploration and prospecting and exploration of mineral deposits, geoinformation systems in geophysical research;
- hydrogeology and engineering geology, geoinformation systems in hydrogeological research;
- hydrogeochemistry and hydrogeoecology of the Earth, geoinformation systems in hydrogeoecology;
- land management, state cadastre of real estate, and issues of land and property relations;
- geoecology, protection and protection of the environment. Geoinformation systems in geoecology;
- geology and prospecting of ores of rare and radioactive elements, strategic metals;
- modern technologies for the development of oil and gas fields;
- power supply and automation of oil and gas industry facilities;
- modern technologies of preparation and processing of natural resources;
- integrated use of mineral raw materials;
- modern equipment and technologies for drilling wells;
- mining, development of ore and non-metallic minerals;
- modern equipment and technologies for transportation and storage of oil and gas;
- economy of mineral and hydrocarbon raw materials, nature resources law.
The program of the symposium also includes excursions to mineralogical and paleontological museums, to the history museum of Tomsk Polytechnic University, to the Siberian Botanical Garden, to the Center for Training and Retraining of Oil and Gas Professionals and Scientific Laboratories of the Institute of Natural Resources.
Press Service of MENR RT